logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Drive-on-left

From Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl on Mon Aug 19 10:30:44 BST 2013

Thanks for this WanMil! Although the original patch appeared to work at
first, it turned out to work in some areas and not in others. I was
trying to find some kind of logic in what worked and what didn't, but I
think you hit the nail on the head. I just tried it out with the v2671
jar and it's looking good so far.

Colin

On 2013-08-18 20:13, WanMil wrote:

> Hi Btw.: If it's necessary to set --drive-on-left to get everything you need for such a map, then we can remove also the automatism, because everyone will set the param ;) I'm in favour of removing the guessing. In addition to the problem that it might be wrong because of bad data or two countries in the same tile (the UK/France is particularly likely), the code is not thread safe and so could cause extra tiles to have the wrong flag when used with --max-jobs. I realise that it probably works 99 times out of a 100 or even more, but when it does fail there is no possible warning or clue as to what might have happened. ..Steve
Hi Steve, attached patch forwards the "guessed" drive-on-left value in a
thread safe way to the NOD header by using a ThreadLocal variable. This
is a small code change. Anyhow this makes only sense if you think that
the guess algorithm is ok. WanMil

I have commited the patch although it does not solve all problems.

I found out that the driveOnLeft flag is always set to false if
precompiled sea is used and there are mixed sea/land areas in the tile.
The reason is that loading of precompiled sea tiles uses a MapDataSource

that instantiates a StyledConverter without any config parameters.
Therefore the driveOnLeft flag is always set to false.

I will fix that soon.

WanMil

Links:
------