logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Basecamp, mkgmap and bicycle routing

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Tue Aug 6 22:10:11 BST 2013

Hi Leonardo,
Reason 2 it is.
bicycle=no / foot=no is not respected by Basecamp anymore.
Instead, in the bicycle profile Garmin has turned by default the carpool avoidance is turned on.
This affects all roads with the OSM tags access=no or motorcar=no (routing is blocked)

This means that you need to uncheck carpool avoidance in the bicycle activity or use another activity (but then routing over motorways are still likely because bicycle=no is not respected). Avoiding interstate highways isnt a good choice because in the latest version 4.2.2 routing over tile borders will be broken.

The only solution is making all roads that are not accesible for cycling not routable.
This I have done with the Openfietsmap (Lite) style:
http://code.google.com/p/mkgmap-style-sheets/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fstyles%2FOpenfietsmap%20lite

You can download the maps at http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl (worldwide)