logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Basecamp, mkgmap and bicycle routing

From Leonardo Brondani Schenkel leonardo.schenkel at gmail.com on Tue Aug 6 21:33:24 BST 2013

Hi,

I'm using Basecamp 4.2.2 with a routable gmapsupp.img generated by
mkgmap r2659 and the default style. When calculating a route using the
"bicycling" profile Basecamp is trying to route me through a highway
which are explicitly marked with foot=no, sidewalk=no, bicycle=no,
cycleway=no. When using the "walking" profile the highway is avoided.

Does somebody know if this is due to:
1. mkgmap not generating the proper RouteParam attributes (unlikely?)
2. Basecamp not respecting bicycle restrictions in RouteParam

I saw a lot of complaints about Basecamp in this list, so I'm suspecting
it's due to reason 2 above, but it would be nice to get confirmation
from somebody else who knows better.

If Basecamp is not supposed to be broken, and somebody can help me
investigating this, then I can generate and post a link to a small test
map that reproduces this issue.

Thanks a lot,
Leonardo.