logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Search addresses for latin countries (help on reg exp)

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Tue Aug 6 08:51:55 BST 2013

On Tue, Aug 06, Enrico Liboni wrote:

> Henning, I see, for Germany sometime the last word is "strasse"  so it
> would not be useful... but the search by full street name should be almost
> fine right now.

I made already some time ago the proposal:

1. Split a streetname into it's single words
2. Remove all common names for that country, like "Street", "way", "via", ...
3. Add the remaining words to the index for that street.

With mkgmap:country we should be able to decide on 2, which list
of words should be ignored for this country in the index.

  Thorsten