logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Stronger Intertile Routing Problems with Basecamp4.2.1?

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Thu Jul 11 12:14:11 BST 2013

Hi,

I think that last version of BaseCamp uses nearly exclusively class 4
roads for long routes in car mode. This is similar change like Garmni
did for routing in nuvi models form 2012. Falager from Garmin has
confirmed here:
https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?43441-Bad-quality-of-routing-in-BaseCamp-4-2-1

If class 4 network is not continuous, then routing will fail. I have
made some maps for Poland, that should work in BaseCamp. The main
changes to default style is that I added motorway_links, trunk_links and
trunk roundabouts to class 4. For Poland I had to add selected primary
and primary_links too, but this is specific the country without
continuous network of highways. I haven't noticed any problems with
tiling. My map is here, you can test it:
http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/poland-osm-auto

--
Best regards,
popej