logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Stronger Intertile Routing Problems with Basecamp4.2.1?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Jul 9 19:36:12 BST 2013

yes - I noticed that big changes in road_type (meaning more than 1) so
eg from 4 to 2 are less likely to be routed than 4 to 3. I tried that
out by creating identical left/right options - then testing which one is
choosen. 4 to 1 or 4 to 0 had actually quite big penalties. This only
mattered on Basecamp 4.1 or higher, new generation GPS with up to date
firmware. Mapsource or older Basecamp or older GPS firmware was not
really affected strangely.

Road_speed I dunno - I would guess there are just the usual probs
(doens't like to do sharp turns on higher road_speeds).
On 07.07.2013 13:06, Henning Scholland wrote:
> Am 06.07.2013 12:43, schrieb Johannes Formann:
>> After a short investigation a possible reason are large differences in the
>> road_type and road_speed.
>>
>> Anyone observed a similar behaviour?
> I think Felix reported this problem some time ago, but this shouldn't
> have anything to do with the new problem. I've also problems if
> road_speed stays same.
>
> @Geoff: While changing max-nodes splitter will create different
> tile-boundaries, so problematic location will move. Is this the thing
> which "solves" the problem for you?
>
> Henning

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org