logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Stronger Intertile Routing Problems with Basecamp 4.2.1?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Jul 9 19:30:35 BST 2013

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Actually the route screenshot is only
from Mapsource. In Basecamp routing this small distance actually
calculates forever/crashes. Yes in Basecamp there is no way to check for
tileboarders.

I did notice that most routes calculated just fine, be it Mapsource or
Basecamp 4.2.1
Those that created problems on short or "easy" distances - were all
somehow related to tileborders. That's how I noticed the problem.
On 03.07.2013 07:54, Minko wrote:
> Hi Felix,
> I cant reproduce those crashes, how do you make that route?
> First in Mapsource and then copy it to Basecamp (because I cant see those tileborders in BC)?
>

>> Well, I like some other people have noted that Basecamp 4.2.1 doesn't
>> autoroute very well. I tried through many examples, and what I found
>> out was that intertile routing seems to be the major problem. As soon
>> as the route leaves one tile more than two times - to go back into it,
>> seems to crash the routing - if it is the preferred way. Anyone else
>> finds another solution?
>>
>> (hope this image passes the size limit of the mailing list..)

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org