logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Stronger Intertile Routing Problems withBasecamp4.2.1?

From Geoff Sherlock geoffrey_sherlock at btinternet.com on Sun Jul 7 18:13:58 BST 2013

Hi Henning,

I recompiled my maps this morning changing --max-nodes back to 1500000, but
could not find a inter-tile routing problem; so I think it must have been
something else that broke my routing before. It was probably using routable
overlays for trunk roads and primary roads at higher zoom levels which I
corrected recently after I realised I could not route down these roads
anymore. I did notice on recalculating the route created in Mapsource that
Basecamp produced a slightly different route, which ended up being a little
shorter than that produced in Mapsource. The differences were not where it
crossed a tile boundary though.

Sorry I can't help further.

Geoff.

-----Original Message-----
From: Henning Scholland
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2013 12:06 PM
To: Development list for mkgmap
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Stronger Intertile Routing Problems
withBasecamp4.2.1?

Am 06.07.2013 12:43, schrieb Johannes Formann:
> After a short investigation a possible reason are large differences in the
> road_type and road_speed.
>
> Anyone observed a similar behaviour?
I think Felix reported this problem some time ago, but this shouldn't
have anything to do with the new problem. I've also problems if
road_speed stays same.

@Geoff: While changing max-nodes splitter will create different
tile-boundaries, so problematic location will move. Is this the thing
which "solves" the problem for you?

Henning