logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Searching cities

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Jul 2 15:00:20 BST 2013

steet search is working - maybe you forgot --index parameter? Or you
generated the gmapsupp.img in the same go as the .img files - then due
to memory constraints, by default no index will be generated in the
gmapsupp.

There is however work to be done in selecting the content for the
address search, or better the different options for the name field.
On 02.07.2013 15:21, Baltasar García Perez-Schofield wrote:
> Hi, there.
>
> I've recently discovered OpenStreetMaps and its possibilities for
> Garmin devices through mkgmap. I've loaded the maps in my own device
> and I'm pleased to say that they work really good.
> The only real problem is when you want to enter and address in order
> to go there: the city is found as you touch, but the street search
> does not work at all.
>
> I don't know whether you're already working on this or not.
> I'm a computer programmer, so I could give a hand in case it would be
> needed.
>
> -- Baltasar

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org