logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to avoid coarse maps

From RheinSkipper rheinskipper1000 at gmx.de on Sun Jun 30 21:55:42 BST 2013

> You can also try min-size-polygon: 4

With min-size-polygon I cannot control the smoothness of the map. Small
objects are lost if I increase this value to 4. So I set it to 0.

> Those storage tanks are round on my maps.

On my map the oil tanks are only round at resolution 24. Most buildings
become coarse when zooming out, especially round ones.

Unlike most other maps I would like to show buildings as early as resolution
20 on my map, because I do not want buildings and POIs to appear at the same
zoom level. So I put the buildings to resolution 20 and the POIs to 24. But
this leads to the accuracy problem.