logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing Error Hannover

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Jun 11 06:41:24 BST 2013

Hi all,

Garmin has special devices "zümo" for motorcycles:
http://sites.garmin.com/zumo/

The manual shows that they have a motorcycle mode and a motorcar mode,
so it seems that at least NT maps are able to distinguish between them.
I don't know if old img format also does that, but I found no hint that it
does.

If I got that right, we must introduce an option like --motor-vehicle
with default "motorcar" and the alternatives "motorcycle" and maybe "moped".
The style rules shoud be able to access that value (a function ?),
or they must explicityly set two tags
mkgmap:car=* and mkgmap:motorcycle=*
for each road and mkgmap would look at those two tags (only or in addition?)
I think the former is easier to use, but I did not yet look at the code for
style functions.
A (probably slower) alternative would be that mkgmap adds a tag
mkgmap:motor-vehicle=* to each
node, way, and relation before passing it to the style system.

Gerd

Henning Scholland wrote