logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question about bicycle routing

From Philip Homburg pch-mkgmap-dev at u-1.phicoh.com on Mon Jun 10 21:19:10 BST 2013

I noticed in the past that bicyle routing was sometimes a bit weird, but I
just assumed that things were not properly tagged.

Recently, it seemed to get worse and worse, and spend some time investigating
what was going on.

I experimented with BaseCamp on OSX and a GPSmap 62s. And mkgmap r2643

What I'm seeing is that Garmin actually tries avoid anything that is marked
with highway=cycleway.

The rule for this is:
highway=cycleway {add access = no; add bicycle = yes; add foot = yes} [0x07 road
_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 23]

Now if I remove the 'access=no', then it just works.
Experimenting a bit more, adding a 'add motorcar=no' causes it to misbehave
again.

Does anybody know what is going on?