logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] wiki pages

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jun 8 06:57:37 BST 2013

Hi,

> I prefer to remove the infos from the wiki and document it instead in
> the mkgmap manual. I think the style manual can be extended to add more
> documentation about mkgmap. This has the advantage that we don't have to
> add/change/remove all changes in three places:
> * options file
> * mkgmap documentation
> * wiki

yes, I also don't like that we have three places, each containing almost
the same info, and each being incomplete as well, on the other hand
I also don't like writing docu about functions that I do not fully understand.

> Additionally we don't have to check if others have added misleading
> information. A wiki is great if a lot of people contribute but I don't
> see that this happens with the mkgmap pages. Those who contribute
> (thanks!!) are also able to post their changes to the mailing list.

well, how do you tell a wiki user to ignore the wiki and look into a different docu?