logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] how to have a script/batch check for mkgmap version?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Jun 6 22:47:45 BST 2013

Well I managed some sort of test - but it would be nicer to get the
version output to file for checking:

/:checkfor_new_mkgmap_versions//
//if not exist mkgmap.jar goto :begin//
//echo your mkgmap version is://
//java -jar mkgmap.jar --version >> version_test.txt//
//if %errorlevel% EQU 0 if exist version_test.txt goto :part2ofcheck//
//if %errorlevel% NEQ 0 @for /R %%i in (version_test.txt) do @if
%%~zi==0 del %%i //
//echo mkmgap.jar found but not working. Either mkgmap.jar too old, or
java not correctly installed!//
//goto :begin//
//
//:part2ofcheck//
//@for /R %%i in (version_test.txt) do @if %%~zi==0 del %%i //
//if not exist version_test.txt goto :begin//
//echo if mkgmap version lower 2641 - please update mkgmap.jar!//
//del version_test.txt//
//@echo.//
//@echo./

Dunno why >> doesn't put the version into the version_text.txt but
instead puts the time of running mkgmap into the .txt file.