logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] how to have a script/batch check for mkgmap version?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Jun 6 21:39:51 BST 2013

I just noticed, that mkgmap changed the files it outputs on an empty
command just again...

/java -jar mkgmap.jar --latin1 --overview-mapname=test1 --tdbfile --index/

used to produce at least either:
/mdr*.tmp/
or
/test1_mdr.img/
now however (since integration of the overview2 branch?) - no files are
output at all anymore...

it would be great if there was a possibility to check for
a) mkgmap working (check if working very basic/only react if correct
Java installed, and output a file - even without input)
b) best would be if that file could contain the mkgmap version number -
so right now 2641...

or am I missing something - and what I want to achieve is already possible?

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org