logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question reg. default style

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Thu Jun 6 10:22:14 BST 2013

On Thu, Jun 06, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder why the default style lines file
> adds areas as a routable lines, e.g.
>
> The rule that matches is
> highway=service [0x07 road_class=0 road_speed=2 resolution 22]
>

> Does it make sense to make areas routable?

Yes, how else do yo want to connect the streets which are
ending at this place?
In your case, the parking area in the north wouldn't be reacheable
anymore.

And yes, I myself don't like to have only the border of an area
routeable, I would prefer if we could create invisible ways
crossing the area and connecting all ways ending at the place,
but I have no idea how this could be done.

  Thorsten