logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] improving address search

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Fri May 31 08:39:47 BST 2013

Hi,

About the differences in names I agree it should be corrected on OSM.

But what if mkgmap changes the name?

For instance by adding ref tag in the name, the addresses are not findable anymore:

highway=secondary | highway=tertiary {name '${ref|highway-symbol:oval} ${name}' | '${ref|highway-symbol:oval}' | '${name}'; add mkgmap:display_name = '${name} (${ref})' }

If I remove this line from the default style, the housenumbers appear on the map.
In the housenumber search, the ref tag should be ignored if added to the name tag in the styles.

Tested in this area http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.837357&lon=5.86719&zoom=18&layers=M