logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap and "memory-full-error"

From Christian H. Bruhn brogo at arcor.de on Wed May 29 22:17:22 BST 2013

Hi!

I've downgraded my Oregon 450 from firmware 6.xx to 5.50, because this
was the last firmware without the activity routing. With the activity
routing the routing of my maps was broken (car routing over steps and
ignoring of "access=no").

With the firmware 5.50 the routing was correct again. But after a few
weeks I get the famous memory-full-error. Now I read that in the past
several people reported this error with maps made with mkgmap.

The only advice I found, was to use an recent firmware.

Is there a known bug in mkgmap? How can I avoid the error?

Christian