logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question reg. addBackground()

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed May 29 12:20:34 BST 2013

On 29/05/13 08:50, GerdP wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I found this confusing comment in MapperBasedMapDataSource:
>
> 			// Note we add directly to the shapes list, we do not add to
> 			// the overview section.
> 			mapper.addShape(background);
>
> My understanding is that the addShape() method updates the overview section.
> I assume the code is correct and the comment should be removed?

Yes that is interesting. Originally the 0x4b00 shapes were deliberately
omitted from the overview section.  I don't recall why, but there must
have been a reason at the time.

Later this code was removed so that the 0x4b00 shapes are now added to
the overview.  See
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2011q4/013008.html and the
thread for more context.

So the comment should now be removed as it is no longer true.

..Steve