logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Warning about flare road in multi-lane roundabout

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat May 18 06:49:34 BST 2013

Hi all,

mkgmap is complaining about this roundabout entry/exit lane (way id
221616945):

2013/05/18 08:39:30 WARNING (RouteNode): 63240005.osm.pbf: Incoming
roundabout flare road (4;9;13;23 Vaajakoskentie,
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/221616945) points in wrong
direction?
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=62.24637&mlon=25.87235&zoom=17
2013/05/18 08:39:30 WARNING (RouteNode): 63240005.osm.pbf: Outgoing
roundabout flare road (4;9;13;23 Vaajakoskentie,
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/221616945) points in wrong
direction?
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=62.24639&mlon=25.87304&zoom=17

Can someone check if it results in a sane routing graph? Is there
anything that could be done in the source data to make the warning go
away? (I can of course filter out this particular warning message, but I
am looking for a more general solution.)

I would guess that we will start to see similar error messages when the
mapping detail increases, for multi-lane roundabouts connected to
highway=primary, trunk, or motorway_link, when there are lanes specific
to certain roundabout exits.

BTW, in Finland, some mappers have already started to map traffic signs,
and mapping individual trees and lamp posts is already the norm in some
cities.

Best regards,

	Marko