logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] polygon type 0x4a

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri May 17 07:26:01 BST 2013

Hi all,

I was able to reproduce the error messages reported by Felx :
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/SeaGenerator-in-overview2-branch-tp5761296p5761396.html

when I add something like this in the style\polygons file:
natural=land [0x4a resolution 10]
and use --precomp-sea.

As I already wrote, the polygon type 0x4a is hardcoded in mkgmap:
1) mkgmap generates 0x4a polygons for the whole map when you don't use --transparent
2) polygons with type 0x4 are NOT divided by the PolygonSubdivSizeSplitterFilter

I am not sure what to make of this.
The default style doesn't assign 0x4a to a polygon, it doesn't even have a rule for the
natural=land polygons generated by the SeaGenerator. I was already wondering why
we generate them.

I assume the special treatment of 0x4a in PolygonSubdivSizeSplitterFilter was added
because of the bug that was fixed in r2612.
This is what happens if I remove the special case for 0x4a:
- With r2613 and the (unchanged) default style I  see no change in any output file
- With r2613 and the above modification I see that the error messages are gone

So I guess I should just remove the special case?

Gerd
P.S. Felix, get well soon!