logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2580: - correct check-styles: overlays are not used for points and polygons

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri May 10 10:10:05 BST 2013

Hi,

done. I think the doc should also contain details regarding Garmin types
that
are usable in mkgmap, but it's difficult to document them without writing
pseudo-code :-(
These are the rules that I found:
1) If a type is >= 0x0100 (means it has more than one byte), the rightmost
byte
must be between 0x00 and 0x1f, so e.g. 0x011f is ok, 0x0120 is not.
2) if a type is > 0x010000, it is an extended type, which can be used for
points, lines, and polygons.
3) if the type is not extended, it must be >= 0x0100 for a point, <= 0x7f
for a line, and <= 0x3f
for a polygon.
4) a routable type is between 0x01 and 0x13 or one of: 0x1a,0x1b,0x16

I don't know how to put that into the doc.

Gerd

WanMil wrote