logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] order of lines / roads

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Wed May 8 10:38:32 BST 2013

Hi Gerd,

Of course it would be great if you can make it more predictable.
Until sofar it took me a lot of time to figure out how to get a dotted bicycle route relation on top of all other roads.
The only way it worked on all units is to use a routable road type of high order (0x02) and put this after all other line rules with a lot of continue statements. I'm afraid if you change a little of code I have to redesign my maps totally.  I also added some overlay types to mask some nasty artefacts (so called spaghetti effect on older units, see http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=10032) and changing the draw order of lines might also have a negative impact.

But if the code gets more predictable and consistent, for instance by adding a file that exactly sets the draw order of lines, that would be perfect. I only doubt if it will work on every unit the same.