logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] overlaid lines shifted

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon May 6 22:01:18 BST 2013

Hi Felix,

fine. I probably have to post a 2nd version to avoid changing the order or lines.
These problems were introduced with the change in the remove-short-arcs handling,
see also
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Commit-r2567-roads-first-v1-patch-Make-sure-that-roads-are-placed-before-other-lines-tp5756715p5759768.html

Gerd

Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 16:51:17 -0400
From: extremecarver at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] overlaid lines shifted

    thanks Gerd,

    patch is working perfectly (so far as I can tell)...

    On 05.05.2013 03:39, Gerd Petermann
      wrote:

      Hi,

        see first

http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/merge-lines-and-routing-tp5758913p5759595.html

        I think the reason is the remove-short-arcs processing. This can
        move a road,

        esp. if you use a rather large value like
        --remove-short-arcs=5.4. In the example case, way

        is moved towards

        Now, the overlaid line with  type 0x10650 (really this invalid
        extended type?)

        is not a road and stays where it belongs. Another possible
        effect would be that the road

        is deleted while the copy is not.

        I think the solution is to make sure that

        1) all lines created from the same OSM way have the same points
        after

        short-arc-removal was done with roads only

        2) if short-arc-removal deletes a road (e.g. because it only has
        one short arc),the other lines

        for the same OSM way are deleted as well.

        Attached is a patch that implements this, a compiled binary is
        here:

        http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/120/mkgmap.jar