logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] merge-lines and routing

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat May 4 08:02:11 BST 2013

Hi Felix,

good point.
Up to now we treat a road different because we split it into pieces before we apply the filters. This is done to make
sure that no filter eliminates parts of a road which are needed for routing.
I don't understand yet in what case this might change the results of the filters, so If you see these problems with the
patched version (with or without merge-lines), please send some data to reproduce the problem (I'll try as well).
Also let us know if merge-lines changed anything besides the img size.

Gerd

Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 16:46:23 -0400
From: extremecarver at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] merge-lines and routing

    I have one problem with merge-lines - I often copy a road to put non
    routable overlays on it. Currently I think sometimes the merge-lines
    or some other filters are enacted on those copies - hence stuff like
    oneway arrows (non routable) will be having a different shape, than
    the underlying road.

    I think I would need to have all ways that have a highway=* tag
    excluded at 24 (or make sure that if the way is done by using a
    continue/continue with_actions command - either before or after -
    will not be processed, or processed the same way as the highway).

    So assuming a road with highway=tertiary & oneway=yes I create
    to lines (0x04 and 0x10650)

    1.:

    oneway=yes [0x10650 resolution 24 continue]

    highway=tertiary [0x04 resolution 20]

    both ways should be processed equally,

    2.

    highway=tertiary [0x04 resolution 20 continue]

    oneway=yes [0x10650 resolution 24]

    both ways should be processed equally again.

    3.

    however a way with railway=line & oneway=yes

    oneway=yes [0x10650 resolution 24 continue]

    railway=line [0x10651 resolution 22 continue]

    should be processed, as they don't include a routable copy/origin
    created using continue command.

    Therefore I think exclude all filtering that is not done to
    highway=* (or other definable keys) also for any other line that has
    a highway tag.

    I haven't tried the patch yet (will do now) - but I think it could
    make this above problem worse....

    On 03.05.2013 04:20, Gerd Petermann