logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] question reg. display tool

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed May 1 16:28:58 BST 2013

> okay, sounds reasonable. For now I'll disable the check in display tool.
> By the way: NetCheck evalualtes the counter with 10 bits , but your patch
> only
> writes the lower 8 bits. Is this because we never have more than 255 points
> in one way?

Right, thanks, it isn't writing the top bits as it should.

Although as you've discovered we don't have more than 255 points in a
way and there never seems to be more than one road segment in a
roaddef, so at the moment it isn't possible for us to overflow 8 bits.

But you are right and I will fix that before commiting.

> If yes: why is the img format using 10 bits for the counter?
> I assume it is for a roadDef that combines several parts?

Yes I believe that is the case.

..Steve