logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] merge-lines and routing

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 30 05:04:51 BST 2013

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote

> I am pretty sure, that routing is only done at the lowest resolution.
> This doesn't have to be 24 - (but using mkgmap it actually has to be 24
> - Garmin City Navigator uses resolution 23).

yes, I think mkgmap is fixed on 24, but many places in the source code
don't check for res==24, but level==0, that makes it difficult to
understand.

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
> Maybe confusion is caused by routable basemaps?

yes, maybe the informations that I found while working on the
overview map confused me. I like to find out if and how this
can be used for routing, that's why I got stuck in the
overview2 branch.