logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] merge-lines and routing

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Mon Apr 29 20:06:51 BST 2013

> Routing is completely broken if you change the source so that merging is
> also
> done for roads in res 24, so it must be handled with care,

The LineMergeFilter does not care about routing nodes. That should be
the reason why routing fails when using it at res 24.
Anyhow I did not yet fully understand about the relation of the routing
network (NOD) to the map data at resolution 24. Are there any ids that
are shared? When selecting a street how does the Garmin find the correct
entry into the routing network?

> but we may also
> allow it again
> for res < 24.

Unless there is a concrete example or a concrete explanation why it
shouldn't be allowed I would allow it.

WanMil