logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] check-styles

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Apr 26 09:42:34 BST 2013

Hi Nick,

> I keep various styles and --check-styles lists all the errors for each
> style.
>
> a) perhaps list the name of the style first then the possible errors?

yes, would be better. I'll see how to do this. Current implementation first reads
the style, prints the warnings, and finally shows what is contained in the info file.
I can change it so that check-styles starts with a line containing the current style name.
> b) separate each style error list using an extra carriage return?
ok
> c) perhaps enable checking on one style only using style=mystyle
> --check-styles?

You can do this if you specify style-file=<path_to_styles>/mystyle --check-styles

> Another query:
>
> One of the errors concerns polygons :
> Warning: invalid type 0x3D00 for POLYGON in style file polygons, line 75
>
> line 175 : landuse=pond [0x3D00 resolution 24]
>
> This polygon might be invalid using mkgmap but Garmin uses the 0x3000 to
> 0x3FFF+ for different water features.

Hm, mkgmap uses only the lowest 8 bits and thus treats 0x3d00 like 0x00, and it is not able to write polygon types with values between 0x7f and 0xffff.
With lines the invalid range is 0x3f to 0xffff.

Does anybody know how these types would be encoded in the img format that we write? Or does it require NT format?