logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] name-tag-list_v1.patch

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Apr 24 19:33:54 BST 2013

Hi,

WanMil wrote
> So you want to replace the name-tag-list with something similar to a
> style rule?
>
> I aggree that using name is somehow ambiguous. It would be better to
> using mkgmap:name for setting the name. That might be changed.

I think a common method to evaluate the name of an OSM object is a good
idea.
Searching for "name" (including the quotes) in the sources I found various
places that search for tags
- equal to "name"
- containing "name"
- ending with ":name"

and it's difficult to understand why they all look a little bit different.
Some are evaluating the name-tag-list, some are not (and cannot, e.g. the
BoundaryElementSaver).
I don't know how many different methods we really need.