logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] builtin-tag-list

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Apr 24 07:43:37 BST 2013

Hi programmers,

while looking at the name-tag-list option I wondered again why we have
so many different ways to maintain the "usedTags" HashMap which is finally
used to filter OSM data in class OsmHandler.

1)We have a list coded in /resources/styles/builtin-tag-list. The tags
listed here
can be found in the java sources, but not all tags used in the sources are
listed.

2) Some sources use hard coded tag names and they have a method
getUsedTags()
to tell this fact to other routines.

3) Some hard coded tags are used in StyledConverter but they are added to
the map
in the RoutingHook, e.g. "access", "highway".

I'd prefer to have a common way to keep the map up to date, and I think that
the best
solution is to add the tag names in the source where they are used (and if
they are used).

What was the idea behind the builtin-tag-list ?