logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Map display squeezed horizontally

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Apr 21 16:40:11 BST 2013

Hi Michael,

Michael Prinzing-3 wrote
> Although I am creating a map for Germany, there are some huge but almost
> empty tiles up to N 60°. One of them covers the whole area between
> Berlin and Helsinki, others are far out on the Atlantic Ocean, west of
> Scottland. If Mapsource automatically selects an projection angle in the
> middle between the points with the max. and the min. latitude, this will
> result in a projectoion angle of more than 50° for my map and so almost
> the whole area of Germany appears to be squeezed.
>
> Is there an easy way to remove these tiles from the map (I think they
> only contain ferry lines, pipelines etc.) without using
> --keep-complete=false for the splitter and without causing artifacts by
> cutting the contour lines (they are merged to the OSM data before
> splitting)?

Strange. When I create a map for Germany the tiles are not covering much
more.
I assume the problem is caused by the SRTM data.
You can use a polygon file with splitter to make sure that you only get
tiles for the wanted area.