logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Map display squeezed horizontally

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sat Apr 20 09:11:59 BST 2013

The actual reason for this problem is, that Mapsource >=6.14 and
Basecamp cache the map before/while you view it. Therefore it needs to
fix the projections. Hence - the more out of the center of the map you
move (south/north), the more distorted it will be. Moving east/west of
course doesn't create distortion.
Mapsource 6.13.6 doesn't do this (use 6.13.6 and not 6.13.7 because of
bugs in 6.13.7) - however doesn't have anti-aliasing and actually quite
a few other handy features that you can use with mkgmap. Also 6.13.6
doesn't display all extended types (many but not all of the same as
Mapsource 6.16, basecamp, or the GPS devices).
On 20.04.2013 06:49, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>

> > But I think Minko got it by pointing to the viewing angle in Mapsource.
>
> sure, Minkos explanation is much better.

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org