logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Map display squeezed horizontally

From Michael Prinzing mipri at gmx.net on Thu Apr 18 00:49:22 BST 2013

Hello,

while examining the wrong labels in Mapsource I found another strange
problem with my map. Compared with other maps, my own map seems to be
squeezed horizontally. I made a screenshot to illustrate this, please
see http://www.mipri.de/dl/maps.png

I've mounted two screenshots side by side. Both are made from exactly
the same Mapsource window, I just switched the map. The left is my own
map, the right a map created without own style and TYP file.

While the height is absolutely identical in both maps, my own map is
squeezed horizontally, showing areas that are not visible in the map on
the righthand side, for example the parking below the Min Map.

The scale in the lower right corner is identical in both maps, and not
squeezed like the map.

I've also tried other maps, they all look like the map at the right. So
it's definitely my own map which is displayed wrong.

My map was built as follows:

- Created contour data with srtm2osm, renumbered ways and nodes so that
their IDs do not collide with "real" OSM IDs, converted to PBF

- Downloaded OSM data for Germany from Geofabric in PBF format

- Merged both using the latest stable osmosis

- Splitted the resulting PBF

- Created the map with the latest mkgmap

Does anybody have an idea how this deformation could have been caused?

Thank you for your answers,

Michael