logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway=track with no road_class and road_speed set breaks routing ## was ## "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Wed Apr 17 13:01:08 BST 2013

Minko <ligfietser at online.nl> writes:

>> Gerd says:
>>
>> the default style lines file contains this:
>>
>> # Mop up any unrecognised highway types
>> highway=* & highway!=proposed & area!=yes [0x07]
>>
>> which is flagged by the new checks. Please suggest a replacement.
>
> place it before highway=road:
> highway=* & highway!=proposed & area!=yes {set highway=road}
>
> or treat it the same as service:
> highway=* & highway!=proposed & area!=yes [0x07 road_class=0 road_speed=0 resolution 23]
>
> Or give it a not routable line, but which line (rendering will be different on every unit, sometimes invisible)

I think the key question is how to deal with wrong data; the random
highway types being 'mopped up' are presumably not following an accepted
tagging scheme.  So I would ask if the JOSM validator complains about
them, and how many ways there are.  If the validator accepts some of
them, then they probably need rules.  Things not accepted by the
validator can be warned about and ignored, unless they are common, in
which case I would vote for an access=no service road, so they are on
the map and used in a pinch, but otherwise not first-class.

I haven't seen any such ways around me.   How common do we think they
are?