logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway=track with no road_class and road_speed set breaks routing ## was ## "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon Apr 15 09:45:33 BST 2013

On 15.04.2013 10:26, GerdP wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the problem is caused by the "mkgmap:check_connected" feature. The current
> implementation adds unconnected roads as lines, and is thus probably
> producing problems instead of solving them.
> One example is
>
> I see these solutuions:
> 1) ignore unconnected roads (drop them)
> 2) change the type to one that is not routable. The type to use could be
> given with "mkgmap:check_connected:set_type=x"
>
> I guess option 2) would be better?
>
> Gerd
3) Take it out of the address index? I'm not sure if 2) is better or
not. In the above featured way, there is no error in OSM, hence I would
say better have the map looking correct, and one address not findable,
than have the map looking wrong.
The best solution would be a table where all routable lines are defined,
with their nonroutable counterpart - that would be very complex however.

For my maps, I would prefer 3) - dropping the street from the address index.

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org