logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Support for "through_route" relations?

From Steve Hosgood steve at stoneship.org.uk on Sat Apr 13 19:10:15 BST 2013

On 13/04/13 17:01, News wrote:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/through_route
>
> Anyone care to comment before I proceed??
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

Looks great to me!

However - since there is a prototype implementation already in place, it
might make sense to document how that currently works. I.e that there
should exist a "relation" containing three items: two ways and a node.
The node should be marked up with role=junction (or at least, this was
the case, not sure if it's still the case). The two ways don't need to
have roles marked up, but both need to stop or start at the node marked
"junction".

As far as I know, that's it.

The existing bug (as I understand it) is that despite being set up as
described, subsequent edits to the entry and exit ways results in the
fragments of entry and exit ways all ending up in the relation. That
takes the item-count to more than three and I think mkgmap then ignores
it! Of course, mkgmap should count the number of ways that end or start
at the junction, and proceed if there are two such ways - regardless of
how many are actually in the relation....

Steve