logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway=track with no road_class and road_speed set breaks routing ## was ## "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sat Apr 13 12:19:33 BST 2013

Franco wrote:

> An idea just crossed my mind that could lead to a solution of the
> routing problem.
>
> To make sure I understood the problem correctly I summarize the facts:
> 1. to make the Garmin device announce a "roundabout" it is neccessary
> that the type of the road is 0x0c

True

> 2. we want to have different looks for different kinds of roundabouts,
> so we need another type for the displayed road.

Yep

> 3. overlays create two roads, one (road1) that is routable and has the
> type 0x0c (a roundabout), and a second one (road2) that is not
> routable but drawn on top of the other so it's responsible for the
> looks on the map.

Thats how I use it too for the Openfietsmap, 0x0c invisible with a visible non routable line on top.
For Lambertus New style generic maps we us an invisble 0x0c with the continue statement (two routable lines on top of each other).
See http://code.google.com/p/mkgmap-style-sheets/source/browse/trunk/styles/world/lines
You can test this map on http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl, choose Generic Routable (testing new style)

> 4. If we choose a type for road2 that is not in the range of
> "routable" types the optics of the map is not good. Bernd tested this
> many times.

With a typ file and more "overlay" line types for different zoom levels (the thicker the lines as you zoom in) it looks fine.

> 5. if we use a "routable" type for road2 we might get broken routing
> because a "routable" type without road_class and road_speed is entered
> into the map

I wonder if it's a Garmin issue or mkgmap related
It only happens on the unit when searching for an address.
If I make a poi on a routable road without road attributes, routing is ok.