logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter exception with SRTM data for USA

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Apr 11 18:18:34 BST 2013

Hi Thorsten,

good to know. Yes, the smaller the tiles, the less likely you hit the case were the limit is involved.
It happens when many consecutive nodes lie in the same area, this gives a special pattern which is
saved in one data structure that can only hold up to 2^31 items.

I have to do some tests regarding the performance with the old code. I think it was
~ 10% lower memory usage, so I think this is not a good reason to use code that
has known limitations and is a lot more complex.

Gerd