logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Creating non-NT maps

From Nuno Pedrosa nuno.f.pedrosa at gmail.com on Thu Apr 11 17:09:10 BST 2013

Hi!
I'm so sorry for the delay in replying you. I was on holidays for the last
few days. I ran into this issue while preparing a map with a few hundred
POIs to take.

You are right, of course!
At the last minute, I found that the issue was in the installation
procedure.

I was running MapSource 6.13 in my old EeeePC (Windows XP), and I was using
MapSetToolkit to install the maps via freeware cgpsmapper.

Somehow, the end result was having the maps installed as being NT, and
Mapsource refusing to install them into my Garmin Quest.

I solved this by updating Mapsource to a newer version (6.16) and using
JaVaWa GMTK to install them.
I still had to pack and catch a plane, so I did not post that info at the
time.

I'm not sure why the issue arised, but it ain't an issue of mkgmap for
sure. :)

Thank you for your reply!
Nuno Pedrosa.