logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] When not to add operator,ref,brand to name

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Apr 11 13:38:54 BST 2013

Hi Minko,

>With the Overpass turbo tool you can find some examples in a certain
>area for instance all nodes with name & ref:

Thanks, good to know. I have used Osmosis on downloaded map extracts
until now.

>This Post office gets a name tag "PostNL 9320156662: Mado"
>I dont think the ref tag is very useful ;-)
>
>http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1658220379

I would also say that it should be brand=PostNL, name=Mado instead of
name=Mado, operator=PostNL.

I am not sure if we should try to filter out garbage that has been put
to the map data. I would rather fix the map data than to work around
errors in it.

>Also brand or operator names that are the same as the name tag, for
>instance brand=Esso name=Esso can be ignored.
>There is a style rule that can compare if the brand name is the same as the name tag:
>${brand|not-equal:name} or ${operator|not-equal:name}.

OK, this makes sense.

	Marko