logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Translation system proposal

From franco_bez franco.bez at web.de on Thu Apr 11 06:04:20 BST 2013

Hi Carlos,

Carlos Dávila-2 wrote
> Currently we have the English word "Exit" in the default lines style
> file, which is used by the exit_hint option. Obviously it isn't
> appropriate for all languages,

This already bothered me too.
I was wondering if it weren't possible to use the built-in translations of
the Garmin Device itself.
I mean the translations in the *.gtt Files from the GARMIN/Text directory on
the Garmin device.
Exit would be TXT_Exit_STR_M

Has anyone ever tried whether or not we can use GARMIN Text Constants  in
the map ?

Ciao,
  Franco