logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] process-exits vs process-destination

From Franco Bez franco.bez at web.de on Wed Apr 10 06:51:02 BST 2013

Hi all,

is there a way to combine the features process-exits and
process-destination in a single style ?

Based on my experience process-desitnation does a marvellous job when
entering a motorway ( does it also work with also trunk roads ? ), while
process-extis is perfect when leaving a motorway or trunk road.

For instance the roundabout here
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=47.89665&lon=10.64805&zoom=17
has two exits towards the B12.

Routing from the "Sudetenstraße" going North (maybe towards Augsburg) I
would like the Garmin device to announce "5 th Exit - B12 (München)". On
the other hand routing to the South (maybe Kempten) it should announce
"2nd exit - B12 (Kempten)".
Using process-exits this does not work, it's only "5th Exit - B12" resp.
"2nd Exit - B12".
I would have to use process-destination instead to get the desired
messages displayed.

Coming home from the trip, routing from the B12 towards "Sudetenstraße"
I would like "exit to the right - Exit  Kaufbeuren".
Using process-exits this works perfectly.
Would I use process-destination I would get "exit to the right towards
B12 Verteilerring" or even "exit to the right towards Sudetenstraße" a
really useless announcement as the sign on the trunk road reads
"Kaufbeuren / Neugablonz / Mauerstetten".

So this is why I would like to have an option that combines the
functionality of process-exits and process-destination.
Do you see any way to achieve this in one single style ?

Ciao,
  Franco