logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway=track with no road_class and road_speed set breaks routing ## was ## "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

From franco_bez franco.bez at web.de on Tue Apr 9 09:22:27 BST 2013

GerdP wrote
> Reg. r2460: Maybe I got you wrong. In SVN, r2460 existed only in the
> exit_hints
> branch, so I compiled the sources contained in that branch.
> Maybe you did not use r2460, but the trunk version that was available when
> r2460 was committed, which was probably r2459.

It was 2460 -  I compiled it from the sources.

> Please try also the two versions 2447 and 2459 in
> http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/101/mkmap_versions2.zip

I will, tonight.

> You may also post a link to the osm file that you use to create the map.
> When I try it with my data, I found no difference between r2460 and r2544,
> but I am not sure what you mean with
> "put your current position somewhere nearby, maybe on the
> Gottlieb-Daimler-Straße,"
> How can I do this with the Oregon?
> When I test, I create a route between somewhere in Mittelstetten and the
> targets that you mention,
> and then I display the route on the map. The device first shows a straight
> line which is then replaced by a route that looks correct. When I hit the
> GO button, the device tries to calculate a route to the
> start of the route, and that fails because my actual position is > 500km
> away.
>
> Gerd

I didn't try the create route function on the Garmin yet. My cheap Nüvi 40
even doesn't have this feature at all, I could only try on the Oregon.
I always used the GPS-demo mode - in the test cases I set the current
position to intersection in Mittelstetten Jägerweg/Dorfstraße and then
selected the POI from the POI search "All POI", or the address from the
address search - Oregon: Germany -> Schwabmünchen -> 14 ->
Robert-Bosch-Straße
then I hit GO -> Automobile -> "little time"

I can compose a set of screenshots if you like.
I will compose a zip file containing the osm file, the style files and
map.conf file in use for the tests, and the mkgmap command line in use and
see if I can find a place where I can put them for you to download, sometime
tonight.

Ciao,
  Franco