logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway=track with no road_class and road_speed set breaks routing ## was ## "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Apr 8 08:07:34 BST 2013

Hi Franco,

I still don't know what's wrong, and I can't reproduce the problem on my Oregon :-(
You say that r2460 is working , but r2544 is not. I compared the sources of these two releases and found two major changes which might
have an influence on the index. One came with r2468, the other with r2481.
I've compiled five versions 2460,2467,2468,2480, and 2481
:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/100/mkmap_versions.zip
Please use these binaries and try to reproduce the problem. Let me know the highest version that still worked.
Always use the same input files, esp. your style file. If you think that the problem is not related to the x-housenumber option, please
disable that for all versions.

Gerd

Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 21:38:39 +0200
From: franco.bez at web.de
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] highway=track with no road_class and road_speed set breaks routing ## was ## "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

    Hi all,

    finally I got to the bottom of the strange routing issues in
    Schwabmünchen.

    building a map of "bayern" with the default mkgmap style does not
    have the routing issues,

    but when I change just one single line in the "lines" file the
    routing is terribly broken.

    I can no longer navigate to the POI "Schönwetter Automobile" nor to
    the address "Robert-Bosch-Straße 14", neither on the Nüvi nor on the
    Oregon .

    the line in question is line 162 in the "lines" file, it reads:

        highway=track [0x0a road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 22]

    when I change it to

        highway=track    [0x0a resolution 24]

    dropping the road_class and road_speed values, the routing is broken

    map is built with:

    java -ea -Xmx1500M -jar
    /home/franco/map_build/mkgmap-r2544/mkgmap.jar -c
    /home/franco/map_build/map.conf
    --style-file=/home/franco/map_build/mystyles/default
    --bounds=/home/franco/map_build/bounds.zip
    --precomp-sea=/home/franco/map_build/sea.zip --generate-sea
    --mapname=68241001 --family-id=6 --product-id=77
    --description=bayern_20130404_1900 --family-name=mkgmap-routing-bug
    --draw-priority=10 /home/franco/map_build/tiles/*.o5m

    the tiles were created with splitter-r300

    the options in map-conf are:

    x-housenumbers

    add-pois-to-areas

    pois-to-areas-placement=entrance=main;entrance=yes;building=entrance

    link-pois-to-ways

    preserve-element-order

    process-exits

    remove-short-arcs=2.8

    ignore-maxspeeds

    check-roundabouts

    check-roundabout-flares

    make-all-cycleways

    adjust-turn-headings

    location-autofill=bounds,is_in,nearest

    min-size-polygon=8

    reduce-point-density=4

    reduce-point-density-polygon=8

    route

    latin1

    keep-going

    max-jobs

    gmapsupp

    tdbfile

    nsis

    location is Schwabmünchen:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.197515&lon=10.763007&zoom=18

    put your current position somewhere nearby, maybe on the
    Gottlieb-Daimler-Straße, or the "a30", then start the address search
    and find the "Robert-Bosch-Straße 14", or open the POI list and look
    for "Schönwetter Automobile", the hit GO use "automobile"  routing
    with "little time" and experience the trouble.

    Ciao,

      Franco