logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway=track with no road_class and road_speed set breaks routing ## was ## "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

From franco_bez franco.bez at web.de on Sun Apr 7 13:00:39 BST 2013

Minko-2 wrote
> Problem with the nüvi's is that the underlying basemap is routable too.
> This often clashes with the routable OSM map.
> Don't know if it helps or if it possible to rename the basemap?

The basemap is not shown in the list of maps on the nüvi.
It could only be disabled by renaming or deleting some files on the nüvi's
disk.

But remember in this special case mkgmap-r2460 did NOT have this problem.
The style was the same, some "highway=track" did not have a road_class and
no road_speed assigned.
But the routing to the POI and to the Address did work. Just the tracks
(highway=track) without road_class and road_speed were of course not
routable, but that was intended by the style's author.

Even stranger:
Taping on the map to select a target, in the same position that the POI in
the POI List has, the routing works (this position is even showing the POI's
detail information on the Oregon) .
Only if I select the POI from the POI search, or the address from the
address search, routing is broken.
Just as if the POI index and the address index had points lying in an
alternate reality or another dimension - no possible way to route to them.

Ciao,
  Franco