logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Access class specific turn restrictions

From littlehelper berny.moser at gmx.at on Sun Mar 31 14:48:33 BST 2013

Marko Mäkelä wrote
> Currently, mkgmap only supports the 'except' tag for restrictions.

I'm using mkgmap version 2540 and turn-restrictions are applied in general
if --ignore-turn-restrictions is not used. So far, so good.
But does mkgmap really support the except tag?

For me, the example of a turn-restriction

is working as expected for motorcar routing. But using bicycle routing, the
restriction is applied the same way. So, regardless of the except tag,
routing follows always the turn-restriction.
Routing with the bicycle straight across the crossing is only possible if
--ignore-turn-restrictions is applied.

In addition, is it possible to 'manipulate' the tags of a turn-restriction
before mkgmap is processing them?
I tried - just for fun - the following in the style's 'relations' file, but
without success / any noticable change.

Thank you.