logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address Search Debugging

From Valerii Pekarskyi pekarskiy.valeriy at gmail.com on Mon Mar 25 10:23:50 GMT 2013

Please someone help me with the location problem...
Archive https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11265861/bakhch.zip  contains:
- my generated bounds folder
- makebounds.bat is how these bounds were generated (I had to add place=*
to admin_level11 conversion to make address search working as users expect)
- mkgmap config with --x-housenumbers enabled as well
as location-autofill=nearest
- run.bat is how mkgmap is executed (all relative paths are correct in my
installation, but not all are correct in the archive)
- full_log.txt is the log output produced with log.config
- stranger-uk folder is the mkgmap style
- osm file where issue reproduces

The issue is the next:
I have two houses inside osm file (that is modified version of the original
database, so please do not upload any changes) - way 99413225 and 99413232.
They are two houses with the same tags except of addr:housenumber - one has
5 and another has 6. Positions of these buildings are slightly different,
but both of them are definitely inside same admin_level* polygons. Here is
the part of log file for these two ways:
2013/03/25 12:04:35 FINE (results): d:\bakhch.osm: W 99413225
;Бахчисарай;;;;;Бахчисарайський район;;Автономна Республіка Крим;;UKR;;
2013/03/25 12:04:35 FINE (POIGeneratorHook): d:\bakhch.osm: Create POI
[addr:housenumber=5,building=yes,mkgmap:admin_level2=UKR,mkgmap:admin_level4=Автономна
Республіка Крим,mkgmap:admin_level6=Бахчисарайський
район,addr:street=Симферопольская
улица,mkgmap:admin_level11=Бахчисарай,mkgmap:area2poi=true] from 99413225
[addr:housenumber=5,mkgmap:admin_level6=Бахчисарайський
район,mkgmap:admin_level4=Автономна Республіка
Крим,addr:street=Симферопольская
улица,building=yes,mkgmap:admin_level11=Бахчисарай,mkgmap:admin_level2=UKR]
and
2013/03/25 12:04:35 FINE (results): d:\bakhch.osm: W 99413232
;Бахчисарай;;;;;Бахчисарайський район;;Автономна Республіка Крим;;UKR;;
2013/03/25 12:04:35 FINE (POIGeneratorHook): d:\bakhch.osm: Create POI
[addr:housenumber=6,building=yes,mkgmap:admin_level2=UKR,mkgmap:admin_level4=Автономна
Республіка Крим,mkgmap:admin_level6=Бахчисарайський
район,addr:street=Симферопольская
улица,mkgmap:admin_level11=Бахчисарай,mkgmap:area2poi=true] from 99413232
[addr:housenumber=6,mkgmap:admin_level6=Бахчисарайський
район,mkgmap:admin_level4=Автономна Республіка
Крим,addr:street=Симферопольская
улица,building=yes,mkgmap:admin_level11=Бахчисарай,mkgmap:admin_level2=UKR]

The problem is that house with number 5 is searched with the MapSource, and
number 6 is not. I cannot figure out why, but suspect something could be
wrong with way positioning. Could anyone take a look to the problem? It is
weird for me that when I move building 6 to the west and place it under
building 5 it is searched too. How that could be?

Best Regards,
Larry0ua