logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] check if road is connected to one side only

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Mar 21 14:10:27 GMT 2013

On 21.03.2013 14:26, GerdP wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
> yes, it is quite easy to implement that check, I already did it for oneways
> only (on my pc only) for the dead-end-check.
> The only problem are roads which cross tile boundaries, for those we have to
> disable the check because we will not know whether there are other roads on
> the other side of the boundary.
no prob, those are not the majority anyhow. If we can catch 99% easily,
then let's catch them and don't care about 1% if that's twice the work...

> Question is how to implement the change in attributes. As you know, the
> check occurs after the style was evaluated, so we'd need something like
> a special tag with a simple rule, maybe
> "mkgmap:dead-end-check-action=set road_class=&road_class - 2"
> The interpretation would be quite complex.
> The only other solution that I see is the two-pass interpreter that I
> already suggested,
> with a new rule file roads. I did not find a simple change to implement
> this, but
> I did not try long.
>
> Any ideas?
well it could be an option, but then I'm against further flooding the
options menu...

so either add a roads file to the style, for actions to be run later
(sounds clean and opens up for future functionality), or a complex call
from the lines file.
For me both is equally fine....