logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address Search Debugging

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Wed Mar 20 11:13:30 GMT 2013

El 20/03/13 11:01, Valerii Pekarskyi escribió:
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me how can I check
> countries/regions/cities/streets/housenumbers that mkgmap converts to
> my img file? I would like to check it while or just after the
> conversion, before loading map set to my Garmin unit or to the
> MapSource. Why I want such information? I am trying to make that "full
> address search" that is announced on the Mkgmap page on the
> OpenStreetMap wiki, and have a lot of troubles with it:
> 1) there is no house search at all (is it not done yet?)
You need to add --x-housenumbers to your cfg file
> 2) some cities have street search while others do not and I have
> troubles with separating ones from others
I think your bounds parameter (bounds=..\executable\mkgmap\bounds) is
pointing to an nonexistent path.
You should also pass some options (is_in, nearest) to
--location-autofill to complete missing information from bounds.
> 3) I heard there are two search indexes could be generated with mkgmap
> - could anyone provide a bit more details? Which indexes are used on
> Dakota and on Nuvi, for example, and which are used by MapSource? How
> can I check they are generated as I expected
devices use index created with --gmapsupp option and MapSource index
created with --tdbfile (default value)